What is Yasmin birth control pill?
Yasmin Pill (Contraceptive Pills) is a significant medication used to escape unwanted pregnancy. It is an oral medication, which possesses Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol as the primary ingredient. Yasmin pack is made up of 28 tablets in which 21 tablets are hormonal tablets and 7 tablets are a non-hormonal tablet.
How do Yasmin Pill works?
Yasmin Pill produces its therapeutic action by preventing ovulation. It also changes the cervical and uterine lining which makes it challenging the sperm to reach the uterus and difficult for the fertilized egg to be attached to the uterus.
What are the contraindications of Yasmin Pill?
- You are not supposed to use this medication if you are allergic to generic Drospirenone and Ethinyl estradiol or any other ingredient.
- This medication should not be used if you are suffering from renal and hepatic impairment.
- Leave the use of this pill in case of uterine cancer, liver cancer, and breast cancer.
What are the drug interactions of Yasmin Pill?
Don't try the following medication along with Yasmin Pill:
- Anti-epileptic: Carbamazepine, Phenytoin
- Antibiotic: Clarithromycin, Erythromycin
- Anti-depressant: Fluoxetine and Paroxetine
- Barbiturates: Diazepam, Nitrazepam
- Anti-fungal: Ketoconazole, Itraconazole
What is the method to consume Yasmin Pill (Contraceptive Pills)?
Yasmin pack encloses 28 tablets in which 21 tablets are hormonal tablets and 7 tablets are a non-hormonal tablet. While taking this pack you should consume 21 hormonal tablets for 21 consecutive days on regular basis. From 22nd day, you should start the non-hormonal tablet called placebo for a week. After finishing, you can again start fresh pack
What to do in case of missed dose?
If you missed one tablet of this medicine then take two tablets on the next day in a single dose. If you missed two tablets in a week, then you should consume 2 tablets for 2 consecutive days. If you missed more than two doses in a week, then abandon the pack and start a new dose.
What are the adverse effects of Yasmin birth control pills?
Some common side effects are likely to occur breast tenderness, weight gain, vomiting, headache, changes in menstrual cycle, low sexual desire, mood swings, fatigue, etc.
What are the precautionary measures while using Yasmin birth control pills?
- Women, who are already pregnant, should avoid the use of Yasmin Pill.
- Never use this medication along with alcohol to avoid unwanted effects.