Product description of Vigamox eye drops:
Vigamox eye drops is an antibiotic eye drop that is used in the management of bacterial conjunctivitis, (eye infection) caused by susceptible bacteria. Vigamox eye drops enclose a generic drug called Moxifloxacin. This eye drops generally provide relief from eye infections by killing the bacteria causing the infection.
Action mechanism of Vigamox eye drops:
Moxifloxacin belongs to the category of Fluoroquinolones class of drugs. It blocks certain bacterial enzymes topoisomerase II (DNA gyrase) and topoisomerase IV. Inhibition of these enzymes blocks the replication, transcription, repair of bacterial DNA and bacterial cell division. Hence, it blocks all the essential elements required by the bacteria to survive.
Dosing regimen of Vigamox eye drops:
Vigamox eye drop is an ophthalmic formulation. Wash your hand before and after using this medicine. Tilt you head back and pull the lower eyelid away from the eye to form a pouch. After that, instill one drop of Vigamox eye drop in the affected eye 3 times a day for 7 days. If you have to use other kinds of eye drops, then wait at least five minutes prior to using other eye drops.
Contradictory conditions for the use of Vigamox eye drops:
- Do not use Vigamox eye drops if you are hypersensitive to Moxifloxacin or other ingredients of VIGAMOX Solution.
- Do not use Vigamox eye drops if you have allergic reactions to any Fluoroquinolones antibiotics including Ciprofloxacin, Levofloxacin, Gatifloxacin, Ofloxacin, or Norfloxacin.
- Do not use Vigamox eye drops if you are suffering from a viral or fungal infection in the eye.
Annoying effects of Vigamox eye drops:
A user of Vigamox eye drops may suffer from some annoying effects while using this medicine such as blurred vision, watery eyes, eye pain, dryness, redness or itchiness, and eye inflammation.
Things to be remembered while using Vigamox eye drops:
- Do not use Vigamox eye drops without consulting a doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding your child.
- Do not try to touch the tip of Vigamox eye drops dropper to avoid contamination of this medicine.
- If you are wearing contact lenses, then remove them before using Vigamox eye drops.
- The use of Vigamox eye drops may distort your vision for some time, so do not drive a vehicle or execute any risky task that requires clear vision.