Brief overview of Ultram-
Ultram is a renowned brand made of Generic Tramadol for the management of moderate to severe pain conditions in adult patients. Ultram (Tramadol) is an FDA approved the medication for relieving the painful conditions of painful muscles, tenderness, stiffness, or neuropathic pain.
What is the working mechanism of Ultram?
Ultram encompassing Tramadol is an opioid analgesic drug that acts in the brain, alters the pain perceptions of feel, and our body responds to the pain. Ultram (Tramadol) act as an inhibitor of the reuptake of serotonin and norepinephrine neurotransmitters in the brain. In addition, Ultram binds with mu-opiate receptors. Thus, with these two mechanisms, Ultram alters how our body reacts to the pain by blocking the pain signals.
What is the dosing regimen of Ultram?
Ultram 200mg is an extended release formulation and the dosing for the management of pain is generally given as one tablet every 4 to 6hour with a maximum dose of 300mg per day. This is the usual dose for adult patients. Ultram dosing can be taken with water and with or without the food. Ultram should not be consumed for more than suggested dose else, the drug can lead to drug dependency.
What are the adverse effects of Ultram?
- Dry mouth
When should you not take Ultram?
- You must not take the Ultram medication if you are planning to conceive, a pregnant woman, or a lactating mother.
- Children under 18years of age and geriatric persons should not take Ultram.
- Patients with any medical condition need to consult with the physician prior to the use of Ultram medication.
What safety precautions should be followed with the use of Ultram?
- Do not combine Ultram therapy with any other medicine else, it may cause drug interaction.
- Ultram usage should not be stopped abruptly else, withdrawal symptoms of anxiety, tremors, hallucinations, sweating, or insomnia may happen.
- Do not ever try to take alcohol with Ultram medication else, it may worsen the side effects of drowsiness.