A brief overview of Stilnoct 12.5 mg:
Stilnoct is a potential medication most often used for the treatment of sleep disorder known as insomnia. Insomnia is a general sleep disorder that makes problematic to go to sleep, stay asleep, or both. Generic Stilnoct is also marketed under the brand name of Ambien, which helps a patient to overcome the difficulties in sleeping. This medication is made up of generic Zolpidem tartrate as an active ingredient in the extended release form used for 2 to 4 weeks.
How Stilnoct works 12.5 mg:
Stilnoct belongs to the category of medication called as sedative-hypnotics. It produces action by acting on the way messages are sent in the brain, which facilitates the sleep. There for this action of Stilnoct helps in decreasing the time taken to fall asleep and increases the length of time you spend sleeping.
What are the contraindications of Stilnoct 12.5 mg?
- This medication should not be used if allergic to any ingredient in Zolpidem.
- A person should not take the therapy if a patient of kidney disease and liver disease, emphysema, bronchitis, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Never use Stilnoct along with chlorpromazine, Itraconazole or Ketoconazole, Rifampin, Imipramine, and Sertraline to avoid drug interactions.
The dosing regimen of Stilnoct 12.5 mg:
The normally used dose of Stilnoct is 12.5 mg that is prepared as extended release tablet form. An individual has to take this medication orally with the help of a full glass of water. This medication should be ingested once per night immediately before bedtime with at least 7–8 hours remaining before the planned time of awakening. Never take more than one tablet at a time at the same night. Usually, the dose depends on the severity of patient, which can be changed therefore consult.
What are the side effects of Stilnoct 12.5 mg?
Stilnoct may shoe some common side effects daytime tired feeling, loss of coordination, drowsiness, dizziness, weakness, feeling "drugged" or light-headed, stuffy nose, dry mouth, nose or throat irritation, nausea, constipation, diarrhea, upset stomach, headache, muscle pain.
Precautions while using Stilnoct 12.5 mg:
- You should not share this medication with others, as it is a habit-forming medication.
- You should not consume alcohol along with this medication to evade unwanted effects.
- Avoid intake of this medication if you do not have a full 7 to 8 hours.
- Do not use this medication for a longer duration as it is normally prescribed for more than 2-4 weeks.