Product overview of Soma 500mg:
Soma 500mg is a most powerful muscle relaxant that is used to mitigate muscle pain and distress caused by sprain, strain or other muscle injuries. Soma 500mg is generally used along with rest and physical treatments or other therapies to manage painful musculoskeletal conditions. It helps an individual to acquire immediate healing and relief from muscle spasms, strains, and sprains. Carisoprodol is a key component of Soma 500mg.
Action mechanism of Soma 500mg:
Carisoprodol belongs to the category of carbamate class of drugs. It exhibits its centrally acting muscle relaxing effect by interrupting the neuronal communication within the reticular formation and spinal cord. The interruption of neuronal communication alters the sensitivity of pain in the brain and causes calmness in the brain.
Method of intake of Soma 500mg:
Soma 500mg is commercially obtainable in a tablet dosage form. An individual has to ingest one Soma 500mg tablet orally twice a day at a regular interval of 10 to 12 hours, with sufficient amount of water. The maximum dose of Soma to be taken in a day is 1400mg.
Contraindications of Soma 500mg:
- If you are hypersensitive to Carisoprodol, Meprobamate or any other ingredients of Soma then do not use this medicine.
- If you are suffering from any of these medical disorders including epileptic, seizure disorder or porphyria, then do not use Soma.
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers should not use Soma.
Adverse effects of Soma 500mg:
An individual may face some adverse effects while relying on the treatment of Soma such as sleepiness, dizziness, tremor, headache, inaccurate vision, nausea, vomiting, chest tenderness, confusion, upset stomach, and anxiety.
Possible drug interactions of Soma 500mg:
Some medicines alter the therapeutic effectiveness of Soma when these medicines are taken along with these medicines such as barbiturates, benzodiazepines, narcotics, Omeprazole, Fluvoxamine St. John's Wort and Rifampin, then he or she should not use Pain-O-Soma.
Safety measures to be followed while using Soma 500mg:
- You may feel dizzy or drowsy after the intake of Soma, so do not drive a vehicle or perform any risky tasks until you know how you respond after using this medicine.
- Sudden abandonment of Soma may cause withdrawal symptoms, so seek advice from a doctor that how you can stop the use of this medicine.
- Patients having a record of drug abuse or addiction should avoid the use of Soma.
- Do not use sedative pills or alcohol beverages while relying on the treatment of Soma.
- Do not recommend Soma to children under 12 years of age.