Brief overview of RU-486-
RU-486 is proficient in inducing medical abortion of your unwanted pregnancy. Mifepristone is the active element of RU-486, which terminates the early gestation of less than 49weeks or 63days. Pregnancy annihilation has never been easy but a woman has to take this decision because of unaccepted circumstances and in this RU-486 abortion pill will be an excellent choice for safe and easy abortion.
How RU-486 works?
RU-486-Mifepristone pill works as an abortion pill by acting as an inhibitor of progesterone hormone so that it cannot reach the uterus. This will result in the stoppage of growth of tissue lining that begins to detach from the uterus and sheds with the attached embryo to complete the end of pregnancy. Later the abortion contents in the form of blood clots and vaginal bleeding will exit the body.
How should you take RU-486?
You first have to take the three pills of Mifepristone pill (each of 200mg) present in RU-486. This should be consumed with oral route either sublingually or buccally by swallowing with water and without the food. Then take a medical checkup after 2 days for the verification of completion of medical abortion. If abortion, mistakenly, is not complete, then you can take the two pills of generic Misoprostol (each with 200mcg) with vaginal insertion followed by the medical checkup after 2 days for the confirmation of complete abortion.
What are the adverse effects of RU-486?
A woman may encounter some undesirable responses of nausea, tiredness, headache, backache, abdominal pain, heavy vaginal bleeding, vomiting, diarrhea, or drowsiness.
Who should not take RU-486?
- Girls below the age of 18years are advised not to take RU-486.
- RU-486 is not for the individuals with heart, liver, kidney, asthma, blood pressure, hypersensitivity, or bleeding disorder.
- Do not use RU-486 for terminating the ectopic pregnancy.
What are the safety precautions while using RU-486?
- Do not forget to remove IUD (intrauterine device) before taking RU-486 if you have placed it.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol, the habit of smoking or any other medication while taking RU-486.
- A healthy, nutritious diet, proper body relaxation, good hygiene, avoidance of strenuous tasks, and sexual activities should be taken care of until you stop the bleeding else, these can result in infection or pregnancy.