Brief overview of Retino-A cream-
Retino-A cream is a distinguished brand name for the Generic Tretinoin, which is eminent in treating or managing several skin imperfections of acne, pimples, fine lines, comedones, and hyperpigmentation. Thus, Retino-A cream helps to make your imperfect skin tone a perfect one.
What is the action mechanism of Retino-A cream?
Tretinoin present in Retino-A cream is a type of retinoid that is a Vitamin A derivative. Hence, with useful and potent characteristics of vitamin A, Retino-A cream helps to treat skin conditions by many ways-
- Skin cell renewal
- Prevents inflammation
- Unclogging of clogged skin pores
- Boosting of collagen production
- Fading of skin blemishes
What is the way to use Retino-A cream?
Retino-A cream 0.1% is a topical formulation that is very easy to apply on the affected skin area. Before application, clean and dry the skin surface, then apply a small amount of cream with the help of fingertips. Use this cream for one time during the night only and in prescribed amount. Overdose can worsen the skin conditions.
What are the adverse effects of Retino-A cream?
- Skin itching, irritation
- Skin redness, stinging
- Flaking, blister formation
- Sense of burning at the cream applied area
- Increase to light sensitivity
Who should not use Retino-A cream?
- Retino-A cream is cautious to be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Children and geriatric individuals should not use Retino-A cream.
- Patients with any other skin condition or hypersensitivity responses to any ingredient of Retino-A cream should not use this cream.
What should be the careful tips while using Retino-A cream?
- Take precaution while applying the cream on the face in order to avoid the contact with eyes, inside of nose and mouth.
- Avoid the use of any other cosmetic product that may contain resorcinol, alcohol, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, or sulfur with the use of Retino-A cream.
- If your skin dries too much after the use of Retino-A cream, then you can use a moisturizer but only after an hour of using the cream.