Product description of Prosoma 500mg:
Prosoma 500mg is an amazing pain relief remedy that helps to grant relief from muscle pain or soreness. Prosoma 500mg is used collectively with rest, physical treatments, or other treatments to treat agonizing musculoskeletal conditions. It helps a sufferer to accomplish immediate improvement from muscle spasms, strains, and sprains. Carisoprodol is a key component of Prosoma 500mg.
Mechanism of action of Prosoma 500mg:
Carisoprodol belongs to the category of carbamate class of medicines. It exhibits centrally its acting muscle relaxing property by interrupting neuronal transmission within the reticular formation and spinal cord. The interruption in neuronal transmission alters the sensitivity of pain in the brain and produces a calming sensation.
Dosage regimen of Prosoma 500mg:
Commercially, Prosoma 500mg is obtainable in a tablet dosage form and it should be taken orally with an enormous amount of water. One needs to ingest one Prosoma 500mg tablet two times a day, at a regular interval of 10 to 12 hours. Prosoma 500mg tablet can be ingested with or without food. The maximum recommended dose of this medicine should not be exceeded beyond 1400mg in a day.
Contraindications of Prosoma 500mg:
- If you have hypersensitive reactions with Carisoprodol, Meprobamate or other components of Prosoma 500mg, then you should not use this medicine.
- If you are suffering from any of these medical disorders including epileptic, seizure disorder or porphyria, then you should not use Prosoma.
- If you are a pregnant woman or a breastfeeding mother, then you should not use Prosoma.
Things need to take care while using Prosoma 500mg:
- You may feel dizziness or drowsiness after the intake of Prosoma, so do not drive a vehicle or run any machinery after using this medicine.
- Unexpected withdrawal of Prosoma may cause withdrawal symptoms, so lessen the dose of Prosoma over a week before discontinuing it.
- If you have a history of drug abuse or addiction, then you should stay away from the use of Prosoma.
- Stay away from the intake of sedative pills or alcohol beverages while relying on the treatment of Prosoma.
Annoying effects of Prosoma 500mg:
You may experience some annoying effects while relying on the treatment with Prosoma 500mg such as drowsiness, lightheadedness, tremor, headache, imprecise vision, nausea, vomiting, chest tenderness, confusion, upset stomach, and anxiety.
Drug interactions of Prosoma 500mg:
You should not use Prosoma along with these medicines such as Cetirizine, Diphenhydramine, Alprazolam, Diazepam, Meprobamate, Zolpidem, and Codeine. Otherwise, these medicines will affect the therapeutic effectiveness of Prosoma.