A brief description of Penegra 100mg:
Penegra is a renowned medication that is used to treat erectile dysfunction or impotence in adult males. Penegra possesses an active drug moiety known as Sildenafil citrate that is used by those men who want to get and maintain a firm erection at the time of lovemaking session.
Mechanism of action of Penegra 100mg:
Sildenafil present in Penegra is a PDE-5 enzyme inhibitor that after inhibiting the enzyme averts the degradation of cGMP in the corpus cavernosum. At the time of sexual stimulation, nitric oxide is released from the endothelial cells and causes the synthesis of cGMP. This causes the increase in the level of cGMP around the male penile region that result in smooth muscle relaxation and flow of blood towards the male penile region. Therefore, in this way Sildenafil helps in maintaining a hard erection for a longer duration.
The dosage regimen of Penegra 100mg:
Commercially, Penegra 100 mg is available in a tablet dosage form. Penegra 100 mg should be administered orally, approximately one hour prior to the lovemaking session. One tablet of Penegra starts its effect within 30 minutes of the drug administration and remains in the body for about 4 to 5 hours. Therefore, maintain 24 hours of gap between the two doses of Penegra. Do not take the double dose of Penegra within 24 hours. You can take Penegra with or without food but avoid heavy and fatty meals.
Contraindications of Penegra 100mg:
- If a patient has any kind of allergic or hypersensitivity reactions to Sildenafil or any other ingredient present in Penegra, then the patient should stop taking this medication.
- Penegra is not indicated to be used in males under the age of 18 and in females.
Precautions while taking Penegra 100mg:
- Do not drive, operate heavy machinery or any other work where special attention is needed as it may cause dizziness.
- A patient, who is suffering from cardiovascular disease, liver disease, kidney disease, bleeding disorder, porphyria, diabetes, hypertension or hypotension, anemia, eye problem, or stroke, should not take this medication.
- You should avoid consuming grapefruit, grapefruit juices, and alcohol while taking Penegra.
- If you are taking nitrate drugs or any other anti-anginal drugs, then you should not take Penegra as it may cause a sudden decrease in blood pressure.
Side effects of Penegra 100mg:
Some common side effects of Penegra include a headache, dizziness, nausea, muscle pain, sore throat, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea, runny nose, and tightness in the chest.