A brief description of Pain-O-Soma 350 mg:
Pain-O-Soma is a prodigious medication that is most commonly used for the short-term treatment of muscle pain and discomfort. It is frequently used along with rest and physical therapy to treat injuries and other painful muscle related conditions. It possesses an active drug moiety known as Carisoprodol that helps in relaxing the muscle.
Mechanism of action of Pain-O-Soma 350 mg:
Carisoprodol acts as a centrally acting skeletal muscle relaxant that functions by interrupting neuronal communication within the reticular formation and spinal cord. This result in sedation, alteration in pain perception, relief from the discomfort associated with acute musculoskeletal pain.
The dosage regimen of Pain-O-Soma 350 mg:
Commercially, Pain-O-soma 350 mg is accessible in a tablet dosage form. A patient should take one tablet of Pain-O-Soma 350 mg orally three times a day at bedtime with sufficient quantity of water. The maximum recommended dose of Pain-O-Soma is 500 mg. A patient can take it without regard to food.
Contraindications of Pain-O-Soma 350 mg:
- If you are allergic or hypersensitive to Carisoprodol or any other ingredient present in Pain-O-Soma, then you should not take this medication.
- Pain-O-soma is not indicated to be used in children under the age of 12.
Precautions while taking Pain-O-Soma 350 mg:
- Pain-O-soma is a habit-forming medication so it should only be used by those people it is prescribed for.
- If you have a kidney disease, liver disease, or epilepsy, then you should not take this medication.
- A pregnant woman or a breastfeeding mother should not take this medication.
- You should be careful at the time when you are driving or doing any other work that requires alertness.
- You should stop consuming alcohol while taking Pain-O-Soma as it may increase drowsiness and dizziness.
- You should not stop taking Pain-O-soma abruptly without consulting your doctor as it may increase the withdrawal symptoms.
Side effects of Pain-O-Soma 350 mg:
Some common side effects of Pain-O-Soma include a headache, dizziness, nausea, hiccups, upset stomach, feeling irritable, confusion, and insomnia.