What is the brief description about Ovral L?
Ovral L is a combination of Estrogen and Progestin needed to get rid of the pregnancy. It has synthetic component as Ethinyl Estradiol and Levonorgestrel. That hormone helps to regulate the growth and development of uterus that is needed for maintaining gestation. Birth control pill alters the ovulation cycle and interferes with the functioning of hormones such as LH and FSH. These birth control pills change the lining of the uterus and cervical mucous membrane causing sperms unable to penetrate through.
What is the dosing regimen of Ovral L?
A pack of Ovral L comprises of 21 hormonal pills. A woman must begin the consumption of a single pill of Ovral L orally starting from the first day of menstruation until the next 21 consecutive days. After completing a pack of Ovral L, a woman has to wait for next seven without any medication. After that, she must begin with a fresh pack of Ovral L. If a single dose is missed, consume single pill as soon within 12 hours duration. If two or more pills get missed, take two pills for two consecutive days and follow with usual dose.
What are the contraindications and precautions with Ovral L?
- If you have any medical history of breast cancer, uterine cancer, blood clots, liver disorder you should never take this medication.
- With Ovral L if you are having any hypersensitive reaction then do not use it.
- Restrain yourself from the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- If you are above 35 years of age or a regular smoker then you should stop its use.
What are the side effects with Ovral L?
Some of after effects you will notice with Ovral L are as follows:
- Breast cancer, altered sex drive
- Dizziness, weight change
- Bloating, mood swings
- Rash, spotting, menstrual flow
- Breast tenderness, upset in stomach