Therapeutic indication of Optivar eye drops:
Optivar eye drops have a remarkable application in the management of allergic conjunctivitis. This eye drop offers instant relief from the itchiness or inflammation of the eyes caused by allergies. Optivar eye drops contain a key therapeutic component called Azelastine.
How does an Optivar eye drop act?
Azelastine belongs to the class of drugs called selective histamine H1 antagonist. It binds to H1-receptor sites on effector cells and blocks the release of histamine and other mediators responsible for an allergic response. Thus, it diminishes the symptoms of an allergic reaction in the eye.
What is the dosing regimen of Optivar eye drops?
Optivar eye drops is an ophthalmic formulation and accessible in dosing strength of 0.05%. Before you use this medicine, you must wash your hand. Lean your head back, look upward, and pull down the lower eyelid to form a pouch. After that, you should hold the dropper directly over your eye and instill one drop into the pouch. After instilling this eye drop, you should close your eyes for 2 to 3 minutes. The recommended adult dosage of Optivar eye drops is one drop instilled into each affected eye twice a day.
Who should not use Optivar eye drops?
- If you have hypersensitive reactions with Optivar eye drops or its other components, then do not use this medicine.
- Do not recommend Optivar eye drops to children under 3 years of age.
What are the side effects of Optivar eye drops?
The common side effects are reported with the use of Optivar eye drops such as bitter taste in mouth, blurred vision, headache, stinging or burning sensation in the eyes, trouble breathing and eye pain.
What are the precautions to be taken while using Optivar eye drops?
- The use of Optivar eye drops may cause haziness in vision, do not drive or carry out other possibly unsafe tasks after using this medicine.
- If you are a pregnant woman or breastfeeding mother, then do not use Optivar eye drops without consulting your doctor.
- If you are wearing contact lenses, then remove them before using Optivar eye drops and wait 10 minutes before you put contact lenses back in.
- To prevent contamination of Optivar eye drop do not touch the applicator tip to any surface, including the eye.