Brief description about Norethindrone acetate-
Norethindrone is utilized as birth control (contraception) to prevent pregnancy. It is like female hormone progestin that is why it is known as a single hormonal pill. In addition to that, Norethindrone also prevents abnormal bleeding from uterus, menopause and endometriosis disorder.
Action mechanism of Norethindrone-
Norethindrone acetate is a synthetically manufactured progesterone hormone given to women for preventing the probability of pregnancy. Norethindrone acetate prevents the diffusion of the egg from female ovaries to hold down fertilization. This medication causes a modification in the lining of uterus and cervix mucus so that sperm cannot traverse the vagina to reach the womb for fertilization and prevent implantation. This assists in the prevention of pregnancy.
Dosage regimen of Norethindrone-
Norethindrone is accessible into the dose strength of 5 mg oral pills. For the purpose of contraception, you can take the dose of 0.6 mg daily or when combined with estrogen, and then, in that case, you can take the dose of 1-1.5 mg daily with an enormous amount of water regardless of food. In the case of missed dose take it as soon as possible, but do not take two doses together.
Conflicting factors of Norethindrone-
- The intake of Norethindrone is unsafe under the medical condition of liver, kidney, and breast cancer, history of blood stroke, abnormal vaginal bleeding and allergic issues with medication.
- Breastfeeding mother and women who had recently undergone miscarriage should have to avoid the intake of Norethindrone.
Defensive measures of Norethindrone-
- Avoid smoking while relying on treatment with Norethindrone.
- Avoid the use of Norethindrone acetate with any other medication unless suggested.
- Women above the age of 35years and regular smoker should have to take unusual care while using Norethindrone acetate as birth control.
- Do not consume alcohol with Norethindrone acetate else, side effects will overstate.
- If you are pregnant or planning to conceive, then do not consume Norethindrone.
Side effects of Norethindrone
You may experience some adverse effects like as severe pelvic pain, nausea, stomach pain, and low fever, loss of appetite, and dark urine, clay-colored stools, and sudden headache, confusion, pain behind the eyes.