A brief overview of Latanoprost eye drops:
Latanoprost eye drops is a most reliable and safe medication for the treatment of open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension. This medicine helps to decrease intraocular pressure in people with ocular hypertension and to avert further eye damage in patients with open-angle glaucoma.
How does Latanoprost act to reduce intraocular pressure?
Latanoprost is a prostaglandin analogue. It shows its therapeutic effect by enhancing the drainage of aqueous humor from the inside of the eye. Thus, the outflow of aqueous humor reduces the raised intraocular and reducing the risk of nerve damage and blindness.
How to administer Latanoprost eye drops?
Latanoprost eye drop is an ophthalmic formulation. Wash your hand before and after using this medicine. Tilt you head back and pull the lower eyelid away from the eye to form a pouch. After that, instill One drop of Latanoprost eye drops in the affected eye(s) and gently close your eyes for at least two minutes. A patient can use one drop of Latanoprost eye drops in the affected eye(s) daily in the evening before going to bed.
Who should not use Latanoprost eye drops?
- If you have allergic reactions with Latanoprost eye drop or its other components, then do not use this medicine.
- If you have a herpes infection of the eye, then do not use this medicine.
Are there any side effects of Latanoprost eye drops?
The common side effects are reported with the use of Latanoprost eye drops such as indistinct vision, eye blazing, aridity, itching, or stinging, feeling of having a foreign body in the eye, increased sensitivity to light, and enhanced tear formation.
What are the precautions that you have to follow?
- The use of Latanoprost eye drops may temporarily blur your vision, do not drive a vehicle or do any activity that requires clear vision.
- If you are a pregnant woman or a lactating mother, then consult your doctor before using Latanoprost eye drops.
- If you are using contact lenses, then remove them prior to the use of Latanoprost eye drops.
- You must keep a gap of 5 to 10 minutes if you want to use other medicine after using Latanoprost eye drops.
- If you have if you have inflammation, infection, or injury of the eye, then consult your doctor before using Latanoprost eye drops.