Product description of Flagyl vaginal cream:
Flagyl vaginal cream is a most important medication for the treatment of vaginal infections such as bacterial vaginosis in women. Flagyl vaginal cream help to cut itching, discharge and other symptoms associated with vaginal infections. Flagyl vaginal cream encloses a therapeutic compound called Metronidazole.
Mechanism of action of Flagyl vaginal cream:
Metronidazole belongs to the category of drugs called Nitroimidazole. It is selective for anaerobic bacteria and it binds to bacterial DNA and disrupts the helical structure of bacterial DNA. This inhibits bacterial nucleic acid synthesis and resulting in bacterial cell death.
Dosing regimen of Flagyl vaginal cream:
Flagyl vaginal cream is meant for vaginal use only. Relax yourself lying on your back with your knees bent. Hold the full applicator of Flagyl vaginal cream (approximately 5gm) in one hand and insert it slowly deep into the vagina. After that press the plunger to release the medication. This medication is used once or twice a day for five consecutive days.
Contradictory conditions for the use of Flagyl vaginal cream:
- If you are hypersensitive to Flagyl vaginal cream or its other component, then do not use this medicine.
- If you have a history of blood disorders or have underactive adrenal glands, then do not use Flagyl vaginal cream.
- If you have taken Disulfiram within the last 2 weeks, then do not use Flagyl vaginal cream.
Annoying effects of Flagyl vaginal cream:
A woman may face some annoying effects while using Flagyl vaginal cream such as dizziness, headache, nausea, diarrhea, unusual taste in the mouth, stomach cramps, and vaginal itching, burning or discharge.
- Avoid the intake of alcohol while using this Flagyl vaginal cream for at least one day after finishing this medicine.
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers should consult a doctor before using Flagyl vaginal cream.
- Do not have intimate sessions while you are using this medicine, as having intimate sessions may reduce the efficacy of this medicine.
- The use of Flagyl vaginal cream make you feel dizzy, so do not drive a vehicle or avoid doing anything else that could be dangerous.