A brief description of Filitra 60 mg:
Filitra is a prodigious medication that is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction or impotence in men. The generic drug present in Filitra is Vardenafil that is most commonly used by those men who have a problem in maintaining a firm erection that is essential for an intimate session to takes place.
Mechanism of action of Filitra 60 mg:
Vardenafil is an inhibitor of phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) enzyme and this enzyme is important for the degradation of cGMP. As Vardenafil inhibits the PDE-5 enzyme, it blocks the degradation of cGMP in the corpus cavernosum located around the corpus cavernosum. At the time of sexual stimulation, nitric oxide (NO) is released from the endothelial cells and causes the synthesis of cGMP. This, in turn, increases the level of cGMP, which further causes smooth muscle relaxation and the flow of excess amount of blood towards the male penile region. Therefore, Vardenafil helps in maintaining a firm erection for a longer duration.
The dosage regimen of Filitra 60 mg:
Commercially, Filitra 60 mg is available in a tablet dosage form. A patient has to administer one tablet of Filitra 60 mg via the oral route, just about 60 minutes before the lovemaking session with ample quantity of water. One tablet of Filitra 60 mg begins its effect within 30 minutes of the administration of the drug and this effect lasts for 4 to 5 hours. A patient must take only one tablet of Filitra 60 mg in a day. You can have this drug with or without food but avoid consuming heavy and fatty meals.
Contraindications of Filitra 60 mg:
- If a patient notice, any type of allergic reactions to Vardenafil or any other component present in Filitra, then the patient have to stop taking this medication.
- A patient whose age is less than 18 years or a woman should not take this medication.
Precautions while taking Filitra 60 mg:
- A patient should not consume alcohol, smoke, grapefruit or grapefruit juices while taking this medication.
- A patient should stop driving, operating heavy machinery, or any other work that needs special attention while taking Filitra as it may cause dizziness.
- If a patient is suffering from one of the medical condition such as heart disease, liver disease, kidney disease, stroke, high or low blood pressure, porphyria, bleeding disorder, or mental disorder, then the patient should not take Filitra 60 mg.
- You should avoid consuming nitrate drugs or any other anti-anginal drugs while taking Filitra.
Side effects of Filitra:
Some common side effects of Filitra include dizziness, drowsiness, muscle pain, headache, back pain, sore throat, runny nose, stuffy nose, indigestion, upset stomach, and diarrhea.