Brief overview of Danazol-
Danazol is an oral formulation made of generic Danocrine, which is efficiently used in treating the endometriosis condition in women. Endometriosis may result in infertility, pelvic pain, breast pain, tenderness, or nodules due to certain conditions of fibrocystic breast disease.
What is the mechanism of action of Danazol?
Danazol comprising Danocrine is a steroid androgen moiety similar to testosterone. Danazol suppresses the release of certain hormones to further declines the atrophy and regression of endometrial tissue and helps in the condition of endometriosis in which the tissue lining the womb inside is found somewhere else in the body, often in pelvic area or abdomen.
What is the dosing treatment of Danazol?
Danazol is accessible in the form of capsules with 100mg and 200mg concentrations. For the treatment of mild endometriosis condition, Danazol is given as 200-400mg per day in two divided doses. For the condition of moderate to severe cases, the suggested dose is 800mg in a day given in two divided doses. Without chewing or opening the capsule, swallow them whole with water and regardless of the food.
What are the undesirable responses of Danazol?
Menstrual irregularities, dizziness, urticaria, acne, sore throat, change in voice, skin or hair oiliness, nausea, muscle spasm, joint pain, flushing, vaginal dryness, itching, burning or irritability are some undesirable responses of Danazol medication.
What are the conflicting conditions for the use of Danazol?
- Danazol medicine is contradictory during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Do not give Danazol to patients with undiagnosed genital bleeding, liver, renal or cardiac disease, epilepsy, migraine, or breast cancer conditions.
- Danazol is conflicting to be taken if you have any allergic reaction to any component of Danazol.
What are the preventive measures while using Danazol?
- Prevent drug interaction by avoiding the use of any other medication with Danazol.
- The dizziness effect of Danazol medicine may worsen if you take it with alcohol.
Due to affected blood sugar level, take a regular check on your blood sugar level especially if you are diabetic while taking Danazol medication.