What do you understand by Clonotril?
Clonotril has generic Clonazepam that belongs to Benzodiazepine class. In epilepsy and panic disorders, the chemicals inside the brain are unbalanced so Clonotril balances those chemicals. Clonotril is a seizure medication that is a US FDA approved the drug and quite effective in combating seizure, anxiety, and other panic situation.
What is the functioning of Clonotril?
Clonazepam shows its mechanism of action by restricting the excitatory state of GABA and gives immediate relief to patients. Benzodiazepine blocks limbic arousal and cortical that happens followed by stimulation of reticular pathways.
What is the dosage information about the drug Clonotril?
For seizure prophylaxis: The adult dose needed for eliminating seizure disorder is 1.5 mg through oral route in a day divided into three doses. You can raise the dose by 0.5 mg to 1 mg after every three days until you control your seizures. The dose of Clonotril you can take maximum up to 20 mg via oral route in a day.
For panic disorder: The initial dose for eliminating panic disorder is 0.25 mg by oral route twice in a day. The maximum dose can be raised up to 4 mg by oral route in a day.
What are the contraindications you must follow with Clonotril?
- You should never consume Clonotril when you are suffering from narrow-angle glaucoma and severe liver disorder.
- Do not ingest in case you are allergic to this medication.
- Do not feed breast milk to your baby when you are using Clonotril.
- Contraindicate its use for panic disorder in patients who are less than 18 years old.
What are safety measures one must take care of while using Clonotril?
- If you have some medical conditions like glaucoma, porphyria, asthma, depression, suicidal thought, mental ailment, psychosis, and liver or kidney disorder then do tell your doctor about it.
- Avoid alcohol intake while using Clonotril.
- Stop sharing with a person who has drug abuse history.
- Clonotril interferes with your thought process so avoid driving or any harsh activities that need alertness.
What are the side effects one may notice with Clonotril?
Some serious side effects you may observe with the use of Clonotril are tired feeling, depression, dizziness, drowsiness, loss of coordination, memory problems, aggression, hallucination, racing heartbeats, and confusion.