Product description of Cleocin t gel:
Cleocin T gel is an effective medication used for treating severe acne. Obstruction of the sebaceous follicle is the main reason of developing acne, giving rise to the micro-comedo, the precursor of all acne lesions. Once the follicle is plugged, its lower portion becomes puffy and swollen with sebaceous discharge and keratinocytes leading to acne. Cleocin T gel is an efficient acne medication available, which removes the fatty acids around the acne that irritate the skin and thus soothing the skin.
Mechanism of action of Cleocin t gel
Cleocin T gel consists of Clindamycin as the primary active constituent. Clindamycin inhibits the synthesis of bacterial protein by binding to 50S ribosomal subunits of bacterial RNA. It may be bacteriostatic or bactericidal depending upon the organism and drug concentration.
Dosing regimen of Cleocin t gel
The commercially available strength of Cleocin T gel is 1%. Apply a thin film of Cleocin T gel to the affected area, two times a day.
Contraindications of Cleocin t gel:
- Do not use Cleocin T gel if you are allergic to any ingredient present in the medicine.
- If you have Crohn's disease, antibiotic-associated colitis, or ulcerative colitis then taking Cleocin T gel is not advisable.
Drug interactions of Cleocin T gel:
Clindamycin shows neuromuscular blocking properties, therefore, it may enhance the action of other neuromuscular blocking agents such as Pancuronium. So it should be used with caution in patients receiving such medications.
Side effects of Cleocin T gel:
The commonly observed side effects with the use of Cleocin t gel are burning, itching, rashes, redness and swelling.
Precautions to be taken while using Cleocin T gel:
- Use this medication only on the skin. Clean and dry the affected area prior to the application
- Make sure to use Cleocin t gel at the same time, preferably at night each day.
- Continue using Cleocin t gel for the full course even if you feel better within few days.
Keep at the normal room temperature away from the reach of children and pets. Do not freeze.