Brief overview of Bimatoprost eye drop-
Bimatoprost is the functional ingredient of many ophthalmic brands for treating the condition of Hypotrichosis or Madarosis of eyelashes. These conditions can be identified with the short and inadequate eyelashes, which can be managed by using Bimatoprost eye drop for making them long, dark, and thick.
What is the working mechanism of Bimatoprost eye drop?
Bimatoprost in ophthalmic preparations is a prostaglandin analog, which is used in the treatment of glaucoma condition, in addition to eyelashes. For eyelash extension, Bimatoprost aids in augmenting the length of anagen phase and declines the telogen phase that helps in boosting the hair growth during hair growth cycle. This makes your short eyelashes to be thick, long, and darker.
What is the proper way to use Bimatoprost eye drop?
Bimatoprost eye drop is a solution and for eyelashes, you have to apply it at the upper eyelash margin. With the help of an applicator or a clean and dry eyeliner brush, you have to make a line of one drop of Bimatoprost solution. Begin with the inner part of the lash line and extend it to the outer region. Apply the solution only for one time during the night before going to bed for a regular period of 12-16weeks.
What are the side effects of Bimatoprost eye drop?
- Increase in photosensitivity
- Dry eyes, watery eyes
- Iris pigmentation
- Itching in eyes
- Blurred vision
- Stinging in eyes
- Sense of burning in eyes
What are the contraindications for the use of Bimatoprost eye drop?
- Any other ophthalmic conditions, allergic reaction to any constituent of Bimatoprost are contradictory for the use of Bimatoprost eye drop.
- Bimatoprost eye drop is conflicting to be taken unless recommended in pregnant women or nursing mothers.
- It is contradictory to wear contact lenses while using Bimatoprost eye drop.
What safety precautions should be followed while using Bimatoprost eye drop?
- Keep a gap of 10-15minutes between the usage of Bimatoprost and any other ophthalmic medication.
- If you are needed, then reinsert the lenses after 10minutes of using Bimatoprost.
- Prevent the contact of Bimatoprost bottle tip to any surface as it can lead to drug contamination.