Brief overview of Betaxolol eye drop-
Betaxolol is the active ingredient present in various brands of eye drop for the effective treatment of increased pressure in eyes. This condition is also called as glaucoma or ocular hypertension, which may damage your eyes. Betaxolol eye drop is available in its generic form also for the treatment of glaucoma.
What is the working action of Betaxolol eye drop?
Betaxolol eye drop is an ophthalmic medicament falling in the category of beta-blockers. Thus, its main aim is to reduce the pressure in the eyes by acting on certain hormones in order to maintain the inflow and outflow of aqueous humor in the eye that will further maintain the pressure in the eyes. Since the pressure inside eyes develops because of aqueous humor flow, so this pressure can be managed with the use of Betaxolol eye drop.
What is the method to use Betaxolol eye drop?
Betaxolol eye drop is an ophthalmic formulation that needs to be instilled in the affected eye for two times a day. Before instilling the drops, remove makeup, contact lenses and wash your eyes. Wash your hands to instill the eye drop and then close your eyes for two minutes.
What are the adverse effects of Betaxolol eye drop?
Headache, nausea, dizziness, blurred vision, eye pain, itching in eyes, dry eyes, and temporary discomfort in eyes are some adverse effects of Betaxolol eye drop in the user.
What are the conflicting conditions for the use of Betaxolol eye drop?
- If you are going to have any surgery, then do no consult your ophthalmologist before using Betaxolol eye drop.
- In the case of any other ophthalmic condition, do not use Betaxolol eye drop.
- Pregnant women, children, nursing mothers, and geriatric persons should not use Betaxolol eye drop unless suggested to use.
What are the noteworthy points while using Betaxolol eye drop?
- The tip Betaxolol eye drop bottle should be prevented to contact to any surface, as it may cause the contamination of medication.
- Prevent the use of Betaxolol eye drop in nose, ear or mouth.
- Do not forget to remove contact lenses prior to the use of Betaxolol eye drop.